Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo's Johnnie Walker Platinum Label, Gold Reserve
Click through to view Diageo's Johnnie Walker Platinum Label and Gold Reserve
Category - Spirits, whisky, blended
Available - From March
Location - Travel Retail, initially in the Americas region
Price - Johnnie Walker Platinum Label has a RRSP of US$86 per 75cl bottle, Gold Reserve price not specified
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo's GTME Americas unit has begun shipping two premium variants for the group's Johnnie Walker blended Scotch whisky brand.
The division will back the launches of Johnnie Walker Platinum Label and Johnnie Walker Gold Reserve both in- and out-of-store. The launches in the Americas pre-empt a global roll-out in Travel Retail in the first half of this year.
The Platinum variant is an 18-year-old blended Scotch and is available in 50cl, 70cl, 75cl and 1-litre formats. The Gold Label reserve is targeted at up-and-coming affluent male and female consumers in emerging markets.
The company will be showcasing the new releases at the IAADFS show in Orlando this week.
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group