Product Launch – TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo's Johnnie Walker Black Label Jasper Goodall Limited Edition ‘Striding Man’ Series
Click through to see Diageo's Johnnie Walker Black Label Jasper Goodall Limited Edition ‘Striding Man’ Series
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, blended malt, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Available in Global Travel & Middle East (GTME) (including domestic markets in Middle East & North Africa), as well as Asia Pacific
Price - Around GBP24.99 (US$40.90) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo's GTME unit has teamed with graphic artist Jasper Goodall to create a limited edition for the company's Johnnie Walker Black Label variant. Goodall has designed his reinterpretation of the brand's Striding Man logo for the packaging extension.
The new packaging will consist of a rigid gift box with front opening and a cut-through sleeve. The limited edition – although what the run will be limited to has not been disclosed - will be available at the same price as Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 year old 1-litre bottle.
A Johnnie Walker Black Label magnum will also be released as part of the partnership. Limited to 1,000 bottles, each signed by the artist, 250 bottles have been allocated to Diageo GTME for a travel retail offer in partnership with DFS at Singapore’s Changi airport. Available from 1 July, the 1.75-litre bottle comes in a gift box with front opening.
Following on from part one of my interview with Diageo's Africa president, Nick Blazquez, which ran last week, this week we give you the second part, in which Blazquez gives us an idea of Diageo's fut...
Late last year, Olly Wehring visited New York with Diageo, and sat down with the company's head of Africa, Nick Blazquez, for an hour. Earlier today (10 January), Diageo completed its purchase of Meta...
It's the week of forecasts on just-drinks this week. On Tuesday, Ian Buxton considered what 2012 will bring for the world of whisky. Today, Chris Losh looks at what the next 12 months will provide for...
This week is prediction week on just-drinks. On Thursday, Chris Losh will give us his annual, tongue-in-cheek forecasts for the coming year. Today, however, Ian Buxton, consider what might happen in b...
Much has been written about the continued growth potential for imported spirits in China, but a new report from The IWSR examines the special position the traditional spirit, baijiu, holds in the Chin...
Diageo has said that it is appealing against efforts by the South Korean Government to levy extra tax on its previous drinks sales in the country....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research