Product Launch - GLOBAL: Diageo's John Walker & Sons Diamond Jubilee
Click through to view Diageo's John Walker & Sons Diamond Jubilee
Diageo's John Walker & Sons Diamond Jubilee
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, blended malt and grain
Available - From this week
Location - Global
Price - GBP$100,000 (US$158,000) per decanter, limited to 60 units
Distribution - Diageo
Diamond Jubilee has been launched to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Queen's accession to the throne. The blend comprises whiskies that were distilled in 1952.
The final blending took place in casks made using oak provided by the Queen from her Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.
The diamond-shaped Baccarat crystal decanter rests on a crystal base with six radial legs, and has Britannia silver motifs, designed by Scottish silversmiths Hamilton & Inches. Each edition also includes a pair of lead Cumbria Crystal glasses engraved by Philip Lawson Johnston and a commemorative book, bound by Laura West at her Isle of Skye bindery and personalised by calligrapher Sally Mangum. The full package is housed in a chest made by cabinet makers at N.E.J. Stevenson, incorporating oak from Sandringham and Caledonian pine from the Queen’s Balmoral Estate.
Two further editions created for the John Walker & Sons archive, will embark on a world tour this year.
A minimum donation of GBP1m from the sales of Diamond Jubilee will be given to registered charity the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust.
Earlier this week, we ran part one of our interview with the CEO of Remy Martin, Patrick Piana. Here, in the second and concluding part, Piana looks at the emerging markets as well as the mature marke...
Patience Gould is keen to snap you romanticists back into the real world. Brace yourselves......
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report