UK: Diageo's Guinness to become 'official' England Rugby beer
Guinness is to become the official beer of England Rugby
Diageo has signed a deal to up its partnership with the Rugby Football Union from September, the company said today (21 May). The company is currently an official partner of the RFU and already has pouring rights at Twickenham.
However the new deal will allow Diageo to label Guinness as English rugby's official beer.
Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
Diageo said it is also continuing its role as "official responsible drinking partner" of England Rugby.
Meanwhile, the company said it has renewed its partnerships for Guinness with the Six Nations Rugby Limited (SNRL), Scottish Rugby Union (SRU), Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) and Premiership Rugby.
The UK-based among you may have witnessed the Guinness takeover of the ad-break in The Jonathan Ross Show late last month. Reaction to the three-minute mock-talk show has been overwhelmingly grim....
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research