Product Launch - US: Diageo's Guinness Red Harvest Stout
Click through to view an image of the product
Guinness Red Harvest Stout
Category - Beer, stout, 4.1% abv
Available - From next month
Location - US off-trade and bars “nationwide”
Price - Four-packs of 14.9oz cans have an SRP of US$8.49
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo is looking to take share from pumpkin beers in the US this Autumn with a new seasonal "red" variant of its Guinness brand.
Guinness Red Harvest Sout, with a 4.1% abv, will launch into the US off-trade and bars nationwide next month. The “limited-edition” brew is ruby red in colour and has “aromas of caramel and toffee”, according to the company.
“Guinness Red Harvest Stout is perfect for fall and offers a great change of pace from the pumpkin seasonals crowding beer shelves,” said Doug Campbell, Guinness' brand director.
Diageo previously launched a black lager version of Guinness in the US in 2011.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report