Product Launch - US: Diageo's Guinness Red Harvest Stout
Click through to view an image of the product
Guinness Red Harvest Stout
Category - Beer, stout, 4.1% abv
Available - From next month
Location - US off-trade and bars “nationwide”
Price - Four-packs of 14.9oz cans have an SRP of US$8.49
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo is looking to take share from pumpkin beers in the US this Autumn with a new seasonal "red" variant of its Guinness brand.
Guinness Red Harvest Sout, with a 4.1% abv, will launch into the US off-trade and bars nationwide next month. The “limited-edition” brew is ruby red in colour and has “aromas of caramel and toffee”, according to the company.
“Guinness Red Harvest Stout is perfect for fall and offers a great change of pace from the pumpkin seasonals crowding beer shelves,” said Doug Campbell, Guinness' brand director.
Diageo previously launched a black lager version of Guinness in the US in 2011.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014