Product Launch - US: Diageo's Guinness Blonde American Lager
Diageo's Guinness Blonde American Lager
Category - Beer, lager, blonde, 5% abv
Available - From mid- to late-September
Location - US, nation-wide in both on- and off-trade
Price - SRP of US$8.99 per 12oz bottle, available in six- and 24-packs, also available in 20-litre keg
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo will launch a blonde lager extension of its Guinness beer brand in the US. Guinness Blonde American Lager is “twice as smooth, half as bitter and 80% lighter in colour” than Guinness Draught, the company said.
The expression is the first in the brand's 'Discovery Series', a range of beers that will combine “European brewing expertise with global brewing experience in 55 countries”.
In Diageo's latest fiscal year, Guinness suffered a volumes fall in North America of 6%, while sales in value terms were down by 8%.
GUINNESS Blonde American Lager is a new beer crafted by GUINNESS & Co., in which European and American brewing traditions have been combined to deliver a light and refreshing taste of an American lager with the distinct, signature character one would expect from GUINNESS.
The GUINNESS Master Brewers have created a crisp amber beer with a floral, hoppy aroma that is a combination of Mosaic, Willamette and Mount Hood Hops along with the world famous 125 year old GUINNESS yeast, which is being exclusively imported from Ireland to the U.S. for the first time. The American lager is twice as smooth, half as bitter and 80% lighter in colour than GUINNESS Draught.
Blonde American Lager is the first edition in the brand’s new Discovery Series. Celebrating GUINNESS’ artistry and brewing tradition, the GUINNESS Discovery Series is a range of ’fusion brew’ beers combining more than 255 years of European brewing expertise with global brewing experience in 55 countries. This series of beers offers more style, taste, and flavor to beer drinkers in the U.S.
Appearance: The dense head and foam formation settle into a golden amber colored beer
Ingredients: Unique GUINNESS yeast, crystal malt, Mosaic Hops, Willamette Hops, Mount Hood Hops. Contains no GMO, additives or isinglass.
Format: Six-pack of 12 oz. bottles,20l keg
Calories: 149 calories per 12 fl oz. serve bottle
- Aroma: Light and hoppy with floral and citrus notes
- Flavor: A complex and flavorful lager, hoppy and citrusy on the nose from the Hops used delivering a long malt, biscuity finish, and perfectly balanced
- Mouth-feel: Lively palate that is crisp and refreshing
Availability: GUINNESS Blonde American Lager is available nationwide beginning in mid-late September 2014
Suggested Retail Price: $8.99, 12 oz., 6 and 24 count packs
Original source: Company Release
Canadean's "GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and ...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Yesterday, Diageo reported a lift in full-year net profits on flat sales and dipping volumes. Here just-drinks takes a look at the performance of the group's brands:...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research