Diageo's Guinness Antwerpen Stout - Product Launch
Diageo's Guinness Antwerpen Stout is part of the company's Brewers Project
Category - Beer, 8% abv
Available - Until December
Location - US
Price - RSP US$9.99 per 4x11.2ox bottles
Diageo has launched a new Guinness extension, developed at its experimental brewery in Dublin.
Guinness Antwerpen Stout will be available for a limited time in the US, Diageo said today. It was brewed for the first time in 1944 for Antwerp and is still sold in the Belgian city under a different name - Guinness Special Export.
"It's been more than 70 years since we first exported the Antwerpen Stout from Dublin to Antwerp," said Padraig Fox, the GM for Guinness's Open Gate Brewery Experience. "Even if it is only for a few months, we're happy to see this Guinness favourite having its moment in the US."
Meanwhile, Guinness Rye Pale Ale will also roll out to the US after it was launched in the UK earlier this month.
Both beers are part of the Guinness Brewers Project range. Citing Nielsen Scantrack figures for the year to 24 April, Diageo said the Brewers Project beers had contributed GBP5.6m (US$7.3m) to the growth of premium bottled beer in the UK, which was up 8% year on year to GBP19m.
Guinness Cameroon SA in Alcoholic Drinks (Cameroon)
Over the forecast period Guinness Cameroon will focus on consolidating its lead in stout, and strengthening its presence in lager and RTDs/high-strength premixes, and from 2016 it is expected to start...read more
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Guinness Nigeria Plc aims to capitalise on its recent successes with new brands such as Orijin by maintaining its innovation streak by launching a non-alcoholic version of Orijin and improving the vis...
Guinness Anchor Bhd (GAB) foresees waning consumer confidence due to the weakening ringgit and inflationary pressure....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research