AFRICA: Diageo's East African Breweries Ltd, Guinness Nigeria heads swap places
Diageo's East African Breweries Ltd unit owns the Tusker beer brand
The drinks giant, which issued its Q3 trading update today (3 May), said earlier this week that Seni Adetu will leave EABL to become CEO & MD of Guiness Nigeria. Heading in the other direction is Devlin Hainsworth, who will be the CEO & group MD at EABL.
The swap will take effect from 1 July.
Adetu assumed the leadership of EABL in July 2009, moving across from Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd. Prior to his three years at Guinness Ghana, he worked for The Coca-Cola Co. Hainsworth, meanwhile, also spent some time at Guinness Ghana, where he was MD until 2006. He joined Diageo in 1999. After Guinness Ghana, he became business transformation director for Diageo Africa, before being appointed MD of Guinness Nigeria in 2008.
Earlier this year, EABL posted a 38% leap in H1 net profits, as sales jumped similarly, by 36% in the six-month period.
This month, Ray Rowlands, from independent beverage research company Drinksinfo, takes a closer look at the massive and constantly-expanding Nigerian packaged water market....
Like many other 'industry observers', I noted Reuters' brief chat with UB Group's Vijay Mallya at the Indian Grand Prix last weekend with interest....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research