KENYA: Diageo's East African Breweries boss set to leave
Diageo is the parent company of EABL
The head of Diageo' subsidiary East African Breweries Ltd (EABL) is leaving the company eight months after taking up the post.
Devlin Hainsworth will give up his role as group managing director on 31 March to “pursue other interests outside of EABL and Diageo”, EABL said in a statement. His departure, announced last week, came days after Kenya-based EABL announced a 14% drop in first-half net profits.
He will be replaced by Charles Ireland, the former MD of Guinness Anchor Berhad in Malaysia, EABL said.
This month, Ian Buxton runs the rule over Diageo's recently-announced spirits start-up support programme....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018