Product Launch - UK: Diageo's Diamond Jubilee Blended Scotch Whisky by John Walker & Sons
Click below to see a bottle shot of Diageo's Diamond Jubilee Scotch
Diageo's Diamond Jubilee Blended Scotch Whisky by John Walker & Sons.
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky
Available - 60 bottles, from February 2012
Location - Worldwide, private sales by appointment only
Price - GBP100,000 (US$163,550) per crystal decanter
Distribution - Diageo
The whisky will be released in 60 crystal decanters to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee year in 2012, Diageo said today (7 June). It said that the whisky will contain grain and malt whiskies that have been maturing since 1952, the year of the Queen's coronation.
All proceeds from sales will go to the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust. Diageo haspledged a minimum donation of GBP1m.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends