JAMAICA: Diageo's Desnoes and Geddes sells stakes in Caribbean breweries
The Red Stripe brewer has sold its stake in two Caribbean breweries
The Red Stripe brewer said late last week that it has divested its 5% stake in Brasserie Nationale d’Haiti and its 10% shareholding in St Lucia's Windward & Leeward to the Dutch firm. “This is the right time to dispose of these minority shareholdings as we have ambitious plans for Red Stripe with several major initiatives being undertaken,” said Cedric Blair, Red Stripe's MD.
He added: “We are focusing on growing the Red Stripe business locally and internationally.”
Nobody was immediately available for comment from Heineken.
Both Brasserie Nationale d’Haiti and Windward & Leeward will continue to brew Guinness under licence for Diageo, D&G said.
Diageo plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken USA Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a com...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Heineken N.V. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018