Product Launch - US: Diageo's Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum
Click through to view Diageo's Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum
Category - Spirits, rum, spiced, 47.3% abv
Available - From this month, after shipping started in late-February
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$21.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has completed the nation-wide roll-out of an addition to its Captain Morgan rum stable in the US.
The roll-out of Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum follows the announcement by Diageo's chief marketing and innovation officer for the US, Peter McDonough, back in November that the firm would launch a Captain Morgan variant in the coming weeks.
The launch will be backed by television, print and online advertising, as well as public relations, point of sale materials and digital presence.
The black spiced variant is also available in Europe.
This has been a special year for Bacardi. The Bermuda-based company has been celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2012. Here, Aridj Jaber from Spirit Hosting highlights how the firm used the occasion ...
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research