Product Launch - US: Diageo's Captain Morgan 1671 Spiced Rum
Click through to view the new rum
Category - Spirits, rum, spiced, 35% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$19.99 per 75cl bottle
Diageo has launched a limited edition Captain Morgan that the company bills as a “new take” on the spiced rum category.
Captain Morgan 1671 is named after the year brand namesake Captain Henry Morgan lost his flagship during his battle for Panama City, Diageo said yesterday (20 May). The new expression “pays homage” to the 17th century privateer, Diageo added.
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
There was a surprise twist to talk this weekend that Diageo was looking to divest one of its alcohol categories. For once, the rumours concerned its wine portfolio and not its beer brands....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview