Product Launch – GLOBAL: Diageo's Caol Ila 25-year-old
Caol Ila 25-year-old
Diageo's Caol Ila 25-year-old
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, single malt, Islay, 43% abv
Available - Now
Location - Initially available in the UK, the Nordic markets, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Japan, Taiwan and in travel retail channels in Europe
Price - The UK RRP is GBP135 (US$200)
The bottling is presented in a “strengthened version” of the same black and grey cartons as the regular series, but with a pull-off front-facing lid.
In 2004 and 2005, limited editions (6,000 bottles) of 25-year-old Caol Ila were released as part of the Classic Malt Selections Special Releases series, but none have been available since then.
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
Speculation has started circulating this week that Diageo may be looking to snap up Turkish spirits company Mey Içki from private equity firm TPG Capital. While Diageo won't be drawn on the rumours, a...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends