Product Launch – GLOBAL: Diageo's Caol Ila 25-year-old
Caol Ila 25-year-old
Diageo's Caol Ila 25-year-old
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, single malt, Islay, 43% abv
Available - Now
Location - Initially available in the UK, the Nordic markets, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Japan, Taiwan and in travel retail channels in Europe
Price - The UK RRP is GBP135 (US$200)
The bottling is presented in a “strengthened version” of the same black and grey cartons as the regular series, but with a pull-off front-facing lid.
In 2004 and 2005, limited editions (6,000 bottles) of 25-year-old Caol Ila were released as part of the Classic Malt Selections Special Releases series, but none have been available since then.
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
Speculation has started circulating this week that Diageo may be looking to snap up Turkish spirits company Mey Içki from private equity firm TPG Capital. While Diageo won't be drawn on the rumours, a...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report