Product Launch - US: Diageo's Bulleit 10 Years Old
Click through to view Diageo's Bulleit 10 Years Old
Diageo's Bulleit 10 Years Old
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Bourbon, 45.6% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide
Price - SRP of US$44.99 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has launched a ten-year-old expression of its Bulleit Bourbon brand in the US. Bulleit 10 Years Old has been matured in charred American white oak barrels.
It will only be available “as long as stocks last”, the company said.
Bulleit represents Diageo's only Bourbon brand. Industry observers have suggested in recent months that Diageo may move to up its presence in the category by making a move for Beam Inc's Jim Beam brand.
As the renaissance of American whiskey endures, the category continues to expand and diversify. Perhaps no other bourbon has captured the palates of whiskey enthusiasts and the imagination of mixologists quite like Bulleit Bourbon. With an undeterred passion for excellent whiskey, Tom Bulleit, founder of one of America's fastest growing small batch whiskies, officially announced today the availability of his selected reserve - Bulleit 10 Years Old.
Aged in charred American white oak, a select number of Bulleit Bourbon barrels were set aside to age for ten years to see how the already award-winning bourbon would develop. Bulleit distillers were thrilled to find that the additional years resulted in a special expression of Bulleit Bourbon that provides a rich, deep, incredibly smooth sipping experience that maintains the inherent character and high rye content for which the Bulleit brand is best known.
"I may be biased, but I think Bulleit Bourbon is incredible at its traditional age of five to eight years," said Tom Bulleit, "but it's exciting to see what happened to a select number of barrels aged a little longer. The result was a special expression of our family's bourbon that exceeded our expectations and we knew we had to bottle it and share it with our loyal fans."
Balanced, rich and complex with delicate floral notes which have been rounded through the extra years within the barrels, Bulleit 10 is russet in color with rich oaky aromas and hints of vanilla and dried fruit. At 91.2 proof (45.6% ABV), the newest addition to the brand's portfolio of products possesses an exceptionally smoky and smooth finish.
Much like Bulleit Bourbon and Rye, Bulleit 10 is showcased in the iconic frontier-inspired bottle with a beige label that prominently showcases the liquid's age. In addition, Bulleit 10 is housed within a premium box display that creatively outlines the Bulleit family story and Tom's inspiration for fine bourbon.
"Bulleit 10 is a very limited and special opportunity to responsibly enjoy the bourbon in a refined expression," Bulleit continued. "We are eager to see its receptivity and are making it available for as long as the supply lasts."
Bulleit 10 is available nationwide for a suggested retail price of $44.99 for a 750 ml bottle.
Original source: Company Release
This month, Ian Buxton looks at attempts to increase environmental sustainability by Scotland's distillers, through the waste that they generate....
The most unexpected new product in the white spirits world so far this year has to be Burrough's Reserve, a sipping gin from Pernod Ricard's team at Beefeater. Chris Mercer looks at the launch of the ...
Glazer's has raised its profile in Tennessee through the purchase of another distributor in the state....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends