UK: Diageo’s Baileys to sponsor Desperate Housewives
Bailey's to sponsor Desperate Housewives
Diageo's Baileys Irish cream liqueur brand is to sponsor the new series of Desperate Housewives in the UK.
The sponsorship will run from the first episode tomorrow (27 January) until June 2010 across Channel 4 and E4.
Baileys idents will be shown before and after the advert breaks during Desperate Housewives throughout the 23-episode season. In addition, the firm is investing GBP1m (US$1.6m) on a marketing campaign for the brand running throughout Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and Easter.
A number of TV advertisements will also launch on 8 March and will run until Easter weekend.
Violeta Andreeva, Baileys brand manager at Diageo Great Britain, said: “We’re really pleased to be working with Channel 4 and for our Baileys idents to be featuring in the sixth season of Desperate Housewives, one of the most popular TV programmes for women 18-49.”
In October, Diageo launched its Baileys Coffee liqueur in Sweden.
The coffee-flavoured version launched via state-owned alcohol retailer Systembolaget.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research