UK: Diageo’s Baileys to sponsor Desperate Housewives
Bailey's to sponsor Desperate Housewives
Diageo's Baileys Irish cream liqueur brand is to sponsor the new series of Desperate Housewives in the UK.
The sponsorship will run from the first episode tomorrow (27 January) until June 2010 across Channel 4 and E4.
Baileys idents will be shown before and after the advert breaks during Desperate Housewives throughout the 23-episode season. In addition, the firm is investing GBP1m (US$1.6m) on a marketing campaign for the brand running throughout Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day and Easter.
A number of TV advertisements will also launch on 8 March and will run until Easter weekend.
Violeta Andreeva, Baileys brand manager at Diageo Great Britain, said: “We’re really pleased to be working with Channel 4 and for our Baileys idents to be featuring in the sixth season of Desperate Housewives, one of the most popular TV programmes for women 18-49.”
In October, Diageo launched its Baileys Coffee liqueur in Sweden.
The coffee-flavoured version launched via state-owned alcohol retailer Systembolaget.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends