Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo's Baileys Orange Truffle
Click through to view Diageo's Baileys Orange Truffle
Diageo's Baileys Orange Truffle
Category - Spirits, liqueur
Available - From October to January next year
Location - Travel retail
Price - Not specified, but in line with the other variants in the Baileys portfolio
Distribution - Diageo
Diageo has added an extension to the 'Flavours' range of its Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur brand.
Last year, the company launched a biscotti-flavoured variant of Baileys in the UK.
Click here for further details of the Baileys Flavours range.
BAILEYS Original Irish Cream today launched the latest addition to its successful ‘Flavours’ range: Baileys Orange Truffle.
The limited edition flavour, a deliciously indulgent blend of Baileys Original Irish Cream infused with a decadent hint of orange truffle, will be available in travel retail from October, in time for the all important festive gifting period.
Baileys is a key brand at Christmas-time for shoppers and the arrival of the brand’s much anticipated annual Christmas campaign heralds the beginning of the festive season for Baileys lovers around the world.
Pamela Dinh, Brand Manager, Vodka, Gins & Liqueurs, Diageo Global Travel and Middle East explains: “Baileys Orange Truffle Flavour has been created with the festive period in mind, tapping into this consumer mindset but also answering the consumer need for innovation and exciting new offerings to our core range.
“The flavour cues of rich orange chocolate blended with Baileys evoke thoughts of sumptuous and luxurious Christmas occasions and present our consumer with something ‘new’ to serve friends or give as a gift.
“The new flavour presents a fantastic commercial opportunity for travel retail in the coming months. Promotional collateral has been designed with the discerning female shopper in mind, and also works to engage the potentially lucrative female ‘non shopper’ group.”
Premium POS, theatrical displays and sampling initiatives hero the liquid and dial up the product’s luxurious flavour cues. This will create excitement; driving footfall into store, encouraging instant purchase and in turn retail sales.
The ‘limited edition’ status of the product combined with targeted distribution in key domestic markets is intended to further elevate this innovative product’s ‘buy now’ credentials.
Baileys Orange Truffle Flavour will be available from October 2012 to January 2013.
Original source: Company Release
Heineken last week announced plans to build a 1.5m-litre capacity brewery in Ethiopia, which, with the second-largest population in Africa, is a major focus for international brewers....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts