EUROPE: Diageo Wines Europe appoints new MD
Diageo is looking for a "freshness of approach" with its new wine chief
Diageo Wines Europe (DWE) has appointed Sarah Miles as its new managing director.
Miles, who has been with Diageo for ten years, has replaced Nick Hyde in the role, the company announced late last week. Hyde has moved to be chairman of DWE.
Miles' remit will include fine wine business, Justerini & Brooks (J&B), and distributor Percy Fox & Co, both Diageo subsidiaries. On J&B, she said the aim was to bring a "freshness of approach" to the role of wine merchant and "nuture relationships" with collectors and investors globally.
The division is also looking to develop its on-trade business to focus on top UK restaurants and hotels, Miles said.
Justerini & Brooks has also promoted some of its internal team. Giles Burke-Gaffney has been appointed buying director, while other promotions include Julian Campbell and Kate Janacek moving from the customer sales team into a beefed-up buying team.
Two new marketing roles have been created and will be filled "shortly", the company said.
Diageo's wine brands currently account for around 6% of the company's net sales.
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Will Diageo seize the day as "nadir" reached?
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Remy Cointreau names liqueurs & spirits CEO