US: Diageo wine unit bags Spanish distribution deal
Diageo's US-based fine wine unit has secured exclusive distribution rights to two Spanish wines, the first time the division has handled wines from the European country.
The two wines are Campo Eliseo and Campo Alegre from the Toro appellation of Spain, Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines (DC&E) announced yesterday (16 September). The wines are a joint venture between consultant and winemaker Michel Rolland, his wife Dany and Bordeaux-based winemaker Francois Lurton.
Shipping of the wines to the US began earlier this month.
DC&E said the move is part of a strategy to “seek out best-in-class wines from the most important wine regions throughout the world”.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014