UK: Diageo whisky boss to take Iberia role
Diageo has announced another change among its top management with the appointment of Stephen Morley to head its business in Iberia.
The UK drinks giant told just-drinks today (19 July) that Morley, global director for Diageo's whisk(e)y, gin and Reserve Brands portfolio, was set to replace Jonathan Stordy as managing director of Diageo Iberia.
Morley joined Diageo in 1982 and held a series of senior sales and marketing roles before becoming global brand director for Johnnie Walker in 2000. Morley took charge of Diageo's wider whisk(e)y, gin and Reserve Brands stable, including Ciroc vodka and gin brand Tanqueray Ten, in 2003.
A Diageo spokesperson confirmed Morley's appointment to head the company's business in Spain, Portugal and the Canary Islands but declined to comment on when Morley would take his role. Stordy, who also joined Diageo in 1982, is understood to have left the company for family reasons.
The appointment of Morley comes a day after Diageo announced that Benet Slay would head its business in Great Britain and follows Monday's news that Asif Adil had been named as managing director of Diageo India.
In her first monthly column for just-drinks, renowned spirits journalist Patience Gould looks ahead to what 2007 has in store for the major international spirits producers....
Drinks Americas Holdings has confirmed the appointment of a corporate controller....
Norwegian wine and spirits group Arcus is mulling a takeover bid for Sweden's V&S Group, just-drinks can reveal....
V&S Group has vowed to appeal against a ruling from a Swedish court that said the company had infringed the trademark rights for Californian wine brand Golden Gate....
Bacardi is set to launch a marketing assault behind Noilly Prat vermouth to raise international awareness of the brand....
Pernod Ricard has launched an Internet sales site in dedicated to offering customers, and particularly connoisseurs, top of the range products in France....
Diageo has forked deeper into the food market with the introduction of Guinness whole grain bread....
Sinergiya has snapped up Russian Vodka Company, according to local reports....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages