US: Diageo vodka to sponsor NASCAR car
Jeremiah Weed Southern Style Sweet Tea is to become the first vodka to sponsor a NASCAR car since the sport lifted its ban on spirits sponsors at the beginning of the 2005 season.
The brand will be the primary sponsor of the No. 26 Roush Fenway Ford Fusion driven by Jamie McMurray.
"In its first ever major sponsorship, Jeremiah Weed Southern Style Sweet Tea is thrilled to utilise NASCAR as a platform to extend its Southern ideals and traditions to the millions of fans who follow the sport," said Judd Zusel, director of innovation, Diageo. "Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea sees a clear opportunity to elevate the brand even further by connecting with adult consumers that have an undying passion for the sport they love, and encourage them to enjoy our sweet tea vodka responsibly throughout the weekend's race festivities."
Jeremiah Weed Southern Style Sweet Tea earlier this year became the official sponsor of air in the stock car tires.
The decision by Pernod Ricard to rejoin the Century Council in the US followed the departure of both Brown-Forman and Jim Beam from NASCAR motor racing sponsorship. As Pernod Ricard’s decision to leav...
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
Britvic has published its 2010 Soft Drinks Report for the UK market. Here is a round-up of the figures....
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review