US: Diageo vodka to sponsor NASCAR car
Jeremiah Weed Southern Style Sweet Tea is to become the first vodka to sponsor a NASCAR car since the sport lifted its ban on spirits sponsors at the beginning of the 2005 season.
The brand will be the primary sponsor of the No. 26 Roush Fenway Ford Fusion driven by Jamie McMurray.
"In its first ever major sponsorship, Jeremiah Weed Southern Style Sweet Tea is thrilled to utilise NASCAR as a platform to extend its Southern ideals and traditions to the millions of fans who follow the sport," said Judd Zusel, director of innovation, Diageo. "Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea sees a clear opportunity to elevate the brand even further by connecting with adult consumers that have an undying passion for the sport they love, and encourage them to enjoy our sweet tea vodka responsibly throughout the weekend's race festivities."
Jeremiah Weed Southern Style Sweet Tea earlier this year became the official sponsor of air in the stock car tires.
The decision by Pernod Ricard to rejoin the Century Council in the US followed the departure of both Brown-Forman and Jim Beam from NASCAR motor racing sponsorship. As Pernod Ricard’s decision to leav...
As Heineken CEO Jean-Francois Van Boxmeer last week hailed the opening of the firm's brewery with Diageo in South Africa as "a victory for consumer choice", it is clear that a new battle for supremacy...
Britvic has published its 2010 Soft Drinks Report for the UK market. Here is a round-up of the figures....
Diageo is to hold a series of games for consumers in the US in order to promote its Jose Cuervo Tequila brand....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends