UK: Diageo veteran Morgan lines up departure
Morgan was head of Europe for Diageo
Andrew Morgan, the company's present president for new business and former Europe head, will step down on 30 September, Diageo said earlier today (14 March). Morgan will leave the executive committee at the end of June.
CEO Ivan Menezes said: “Andrew has played an instrumental part in growing Diageo over his 27 years with the company. He has spent over 12 years on our executive committee and has enjoyed a career of enormous breadth and contribution. I am grateful to him for the major role he has played in extending Diageo’s outstanding global reach and presence in high-growth markets.”
Diageo said Morgan will continue to build a portfolio of non-executive board positions after he leaves.
Morgan joined Guinness in 1987 before it merged with Grand Metropolitan to form Diageo in 1997. He spent seven years leading Diageo's European team before being appointed to the newly-created role of president for new business in 2012.
A Diageo spokesperson told just-drinks that Morgan will not be replaced.
Canadean's "GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and ...
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US