US: Diageo utilises Diddy, Ciroc link at boxing match
Diageo has promoted its responsible drinking message across the US by using its alliance between its Ciroc vodka brand and Sean Diddy Combs during a recent boxing match.
During the Trinidad-Jones Mega Fight, held at Madison Square Garden in New York last Saturday (19 January), fans were encouraged, via ring advertising and hand-out metro cards, to celebrate the bout by drinking responsibly and getting home safely.
Sean Diddy Combs said: "When I started this relationship with Diago and Ciroc it was important for us to align ourselves with great events. One of our primary priorities was to be able to take our alignment with the event and to also promote social responsibility."
Combs added: "The campaign with Don King is the latest example of the initiative. What we say to those who are Ciroc fans, is to do it with sophistication, dignity and with restraint, and when you do it with that, you can have a celebration that's second to none."
The Asia Pacific region is home to some of the world's largest spirits producers though many of them are focused predominantly on their domestic markets. Others, however, are expanding their internati...
Pernod Ricard has been set a selection of hoops to jump through ahead of the closure of its acquisition of Vin & Sprit....
Allied Blenders & Distillers (ABD) has introduced the German vodka brand Wodka Gorbatschow to the Indian market....
Anglo Drinks is unveiling four pre-mixed alcoholic drinks, under the brand name Crystal Camel....
Maxxium UK is launching an Absolut Vodka summer gift pack for the UK market....
Among the more notable drinks releases around the world recently are a peanut rum and a tomato-flavoured vodka, according to recent research....
Radico Khaitan has added to its vodka portfolio in India, according to local reports....
Diageo Australia is investing A$400,000 (US$328,000) in Johnnie Walker brand activity for Father's Day....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Is Coca-Cola Co “back on track” after brighter Q1?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets