GLOBAL: Diageo updates Smirnoff packaging
The new-look Smirnoff
Smirnoff No.21 and its flavoured varieties will be available in new 70cl and 1.5-litre bottles worldwide from the beginning of July, Diageo said this week. A 50cl bottle size will also be launched from late August.
Diageo has changed the vodka brand's main icon from a spike to a "Regal Eagle", which is accompanied on the bottle by a reference to Smirnoff's supply contract with the Russian Tsars.
"With this redesign we’re looking to encapsulate the premium, heritage and purity cues that consumers associate with the Smirnoff brand, as well as providing a contemporary edge to keep the bottle looking fresh for maximum standout on shelf," said Amy Mooney, senior brand manager for Smirnoff at Diageo's UK business.
Greater use of embossing is intended to emphasise the vodka's quality.
Diageo has also flagged up the vodka's original producer, Ste Pierre Smirnoff Fls, on the new bottle design.
In this, the final part of just-drinks' review of 2010, Olly Wehring takes a look at what made the wine headlines this year....
Our penultimate part of the 2010 review of the year affords our spirits commentator, Richard Woodard, to look back at the last 12 months for his specialised subject....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read interviews on just-drinks in 2010....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
Speculation has started circulating this week that Diageo may be looking to snap up Turkish spirits company Mey Içki from private equity firm TPG Capital. While Diageo won't be drawn on the rumours, a...
French luxury goods giant LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has upped its stake in rival Hermès International, although Hermès family shareholders remain determined to block any possible takeover attem...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2010....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report