UK: Diageo unveils online shop for luxury brands
Diageo is taking its brands online
Diageo has launched an online shopping portal, allowing it to sell direct to UK customers for the first time.
Alexander & James, which will stock Diageo's luxury "Reserve" brands, is a “white glove” platform created for high-end customers, the company said last week. It will deliver within two to three days in the UK, Diageo said.
“We created Alexander & James in response to the way people are seeking to purchase luxury items online,” Alexander & James MD Philippa Dickson said. “We identified an opportunity to create a luxury e-commerce platform that would be engaging and inspiring, bringing the brand product credentials to life.”
A branding expert told just-drinks last year that companies need to make more use of virtual stores as customer habits change.
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push