UK: Diageo unveils online shop for luxury brands
Diageo is taking its brands online
Diageo has launched an online shopping portal, allowing it to sell direct to UK customers for the first time.
Alexander & James, which will stock Diageo's luxury "Reserve" brands, is a “white glove” platform created for high-end customers, the company said last week. It will deliver within two to three days in the UK, Diageo said.
“We created Alexander & James in response to the way people are seeking to purchase luxury items online,” Alexander & James MD Philippa Dickson said. “We identified an opportunity to create a luxury e-commerce platform that would be engaging and inspiring, bringing the brand product credentials to life.”
A branding expert told just-drinks last year that companies need to make more use of virtual stores as customer habits change.
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report