UK: Diageo unveils online shop for luxury brands
Diageo is taking its brands online
Diageo has launched an online shopping portal, allowing it to sell direct to UK customers for the first time.
Alexander & James, which will stock Diageo's luxury "Reserve" brands, is a “white glove” platform created for high-end customers, the company said last week. It will deliver within two to three days in the UK, Diageo said.
“We created Alexander & James in response to the way people are seeking to purchase luxury items online,” Alexander & James MD Philippa Dickson said. “We identified an opportunity to create a luxury e-commerce platform that would be engaging and inspiring, bringing the brand product credentials to life.”
A branding expert told just-drinks last year that companies need to make more use of virtual stores as customer habits change.
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller