UK: Diageo unveils online shop for luxury brands
Diageo is taking its brands online
Diageo has launched an online shopping portal, allowing it to sell direct to UK customers for the first time.
Alexander & James, which will stock Diageo's luxury "Reserve" brands, is a “white glove” platform created for high-end customers, the company said last week. It will deliver within two to three days in the UK, Diageo said.
“We created Alexander & James in response to the way people are seeking to purchase luxury items online,” Alexander & James MD Philippa Dickson said. “We identified an opportunity to create a luxury e-commerce platform that would be engaging and inspiring, bringing the brand product credentials to life.”
A branding expert told just-drinks last year that companies need to make more use of virtual stores as customer habits change.
Wuliangye Yibin has warned China's spirits market is going though an adjustment after it posted a slowdown in profits growth in first-half results, according to local reports. ...
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL