UK: Diageo unveils new Guinness TV ad - video
The ad, which will be premiered on Wednesday (15 January), features 'Sapeurs' - men who are part of a sub-culture in Brazzaville, the capital of the Republic of Congo, identified by their colourful and refined dressing. The 'Sapeurs' are seen showing off their attire in a bar where people are drinking Guinness.
A Diageo spokesperson declined to detail the spend on the ad.
“What we love about the Sapeurs and drew us to them was not only the vibrancy and colour, but at its core, their story is one of dignity and self-expression,” said Stephen O’Kelly, Guinness' Western Europe marketing director.
Diageo revealed last September it was planning to spend GBP34m (US$53m) to reinvigorate the Guinness brand in the UK. However, it admitted in November that a link-up with the Jonathan Ross Show had 'failed to meet expectations'.
Canadean's "GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Guinness Anchor Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profi...
Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
Bye Joe, a US-based producer of the Chinese baijiu spirit, has launched in Travel Retail....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets