UK: Diageo unveils new Guinness TV ad - video
The ad, which will be premiered on Wednesday (15 January), features 'Sapeurs' - men who are part of a sub-culture in Brazzaville, the capital of the Republic of Congo, identified by their colourful and refined dressing. The 'Sapeurs' are seen showing off their attire in a bar where people are drinking Guinness.
A Diageo spokesperson declined to detail the spend on the ad.
“What we love about the Sapeurs and drew us to them was not only the vibrancy and colour, but at its core, their story is one of dignity and self-expression,” said Stephen O’Kelly, Guinness' Western Europe marketing director.
Diageo revealed last September it was planning to spend GBP34m (US$53m) to reinvigorate the Guinness brand in the UK. However, it admitted in November that a link-up with the Jonathan Ross Show had 'failed to meet expectations'.
Bye Joe, a US-based producer of the Chinese baijiu spirit, has launched in Travel Retail....
United States Distilled Products Co (USDP) has poached a former Diageo executive to be its new CEO. ...
Diageo is spending around GBP2m (US$3.1m) on a fresh UK push for its Gordon's gin brand with the creation of a new character....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits