GLOBAL: Diageo unveils new Baileys Original Irish Cream bottle
Click through to view Diageo's new Baileys bottle
Diageo has launched a more “feminine” bottle for its Baileys Original Irish Cream as it continues a brand overhaul of the liqueur.
The new bottle is taller with higher shoulders to "maximise shelf impact" as well as increase appeal to women, Diageo said yesterday (4 March). “Baileys is a brand that appeals specifically and uniquely to women, and through this re-design we embrace and celebrate that timeless appeal in a fresh and contemporary way,” the brand's global director, Garbhan O’Bric, said.
The redesign follows the launch of Diageo's biggest-ever global marketing campaign for Baileys, unveiled in October. The bottle will launch globally from this month, Diageo said.
Baileys biggest markets by net sales are the US, UK, Canada and Germany.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts