GLOBAL: Diageo unveils new Baileys Original Irish Cream bottle
Click through to view Diageo's new Baileys bottle
Diageo has launched a more “feminine” bottle for its Baileys Original Irish Cream as it continues a brand overhaul of the liqueur.
The new bottle is taller with higher shoulders to "maximise shelf impact" as well as increase appeal to women, Diageo said yesterday (4 March). “Baileys is a brand that appeals specifically and uniquely to women, and through this re-design we embrace and celebrate that timeless appeal in a fresh and contemporary way,” the brand's global director, Garbhan O’Bric, said.
The redesign follows the launch of Diageo's biggest-ever global marketing campaign for Baileys, unveiled in October. The bottle will launch globally from this month, Diageo said.
Baileys biggest markets by net sales are the US, UK, Canada and Germany.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research