GLOBAL: Diageo unveils new Baileys Original Irish Cream bottle
Click through to view Diageo's new Baileys bottle
Diageo has launched a more “feminine” bottle for its Baileys Original Irish Cream as it continues a brand overhaul of the liqueur.
The new bottle is taller with higher shoulders to "maximise shelf impact" as well as increase appeal to women, Diageo said yesterday (4 March). “Baileys is a brand that appeals specifically and uniquely to women, and through this re-design we embrace and celebrate that timeless appeal in a fresh and contemporary way,” the brand's global director, Garbhan O’Bric, said.
The redesign follows the launch of Diageo's biggest-ever global marketing campaign for Baileys, unveiled in October. The bottle will launch globally from this month, Diageo said.
Baileys biggest markets by net sales are the US, UK, Canada and Germany.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review