UK: Diageo unveils Morgan’s Spiced rum promotion
Diageo GB is to invest GBP3m (US$4.9m) in an advertising campaign for its Morgan's Spiced rum brand this summer across the UK.
The campaign includes advertising across television, cinema, press and online, Diageo said today (18 June).
The theme - 'The Modern Adventurer' - includes a tongue-in-cheek television ad featuring men preparing for a visit to a new local pub in their town and overcoming "challenges" on the way.
The advertising campaign will launch on 6 July across Scotland and North England (Yorkshire, Granada and Tyne Tees). It will run until August and then again in March 2010.
Julie Bramham, Morgan's Spiced marketing manager at Diageo GB, said: "The brand is in fantastic growth across the trade at the moment and while it remains very popular in its Scotland heartland, we're seeing real interest and growth in England and Wales."
A new website, www.morgans-spiced.co.uk and a GBP800,000 trial will also launch.
Diageo yesterday announced plans to cut more than 100 jobs in Ireland as part of the group's global restructuring plan in the economic downturn. A total of 107 jobs are set to be lost across sales, marketing and business support.
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Two senior drinks industry heads have backed the launch of a book by The International Center for Alcohol Policies, calling for the industry to play a strong part in policy and implementation....
Innis & Gunn Brewing Company has reported a 12% rise in third quarter sales, boosted by higher overseas sales and marketing spend....
Guinness Nigeria, a subsidiary of Diageo, has reported a fall in profits for its fiscal first quarter....
Diageo and subsidiary East African Breweries have transferred distribution of all spirits brands in Tanzania to Serengeti Breweries with immediate effect....
Landmark Scotch Whisky Regulations covering every aspect of the making, bottling, and labelling of Scotch Whisky have come into force today (23 November)....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India