UK: Diageo unveils Morgan’s Spiced rum promotion
Diageo GB is to invest GBP3m (US$4.9m) in an advertising campaign for its Morgan's Spiced rum brand this summer across the UK.
The campaign includes advertising across television, cinema, press and online, Diageo said today (18 June).
The theme - 'The Modern Adventurer' - includes a tongue-in-cheek television ad featuring men preparing for a visit to a new local pub in their town and overcoming "challenges" on the way.
The advertising campaign will launch on 6 July across Scotland and North England (Yorkshire, Granada and Tyne Tees). It will run until August and then again in March 2010.
Julie Bramham, Morgan's Spiced marketing manager at Diageo GB, said: "The brand is in fantastic growth across the trade at the moment and while it remains very popular in its Scotland heartland, we're seeing real interest and growth in England and Wales."
A new website, www.morgans-spiced.co.uk and a GBP800,000 trial will also launch.
Diageo yesterday announced plans to cut more than 100 jobs in Ireland as part of the group's global restructuring plan in the economic downturn. A total of 107 jobs are set to be lost across sales, marketing and business support.
Pernod Ricard and Diageo's pitched battle on the fairways of world golf is hotting up....
Alcoholic drinks firms are hoping to avoid a global call for "extreme" legislation to tackle alcohol abuse by outlining the ways industry can help to tackle the problem....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Two senior drinks industry heads have backed the launch of a book by The International Center for Alcohol Policies, calling for the industry to play a strong part in policy and implementation....
Innis & Gunn Brewing Company has reported a 12% rise in third quarter sales, boosted by higher overseas sales and marketing spend....
Guinness Nigeria, a subsidiary of Diageo, has reported a fall in profits for its fiscal first quarter....
Diageo and subsidiary East African Breweries have transferred distribution of all spirits brands in Tanzania to Serengeti Breweries with immediate effect....
Landmark Scotch Whisky Regulations covering every aspect of the making, bottling, and labelling of Scotch Whisky have come into force today (23 November)....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends