US: Diageo unveils Maryland site upgrade
Diageo has upgraded its Maryland plant
Diageo has announced the completion of a US$50m upgrade to its production and bottling facility in the US state of Maryland.
The improved 60-acre site, in the village of Relay near Baltimore, includes three new “high speed” bottling lines and upgrades to key production areas, following the eight-month project, the company said earlier today (13 November). The facility currently produces and bottles brands including Jose Cuervo, Captain Morgan and Seagram's.
"We are creating best-in-class operations that are more efficient, cost effective and environmentally sustainable,” said David Cutter, president, Diageo Americas Supply.
In June last year, the company announced it was cutting 55 jobs at the plant.
The facility currently employs 140 people and produces around 11m cases of spirits a year. It was established in 1933 as the first legal distillery in the state of Maryland following the repeal of prohibition.
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
The many facets of rum reflect a versatility that looks set to keep an already growing category moving in the right direction, according to a new report from just-drinks and The IWSR....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research