IRELAND: Diageo unveils further Guinness celebration details
The celebrations begin in Dublin on 24 September.
Sean Paul will be the headlining act at a live show in Lagos, Nigeria and The Black Eyed Peas are performing at celebrations in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Over 60 artists will be performing more than 60 hours of live music in just one day in events in cities around the world.
Joining previously announced artists Sir Tom Jones, Estelle, Razorlight, Sugababes and Kasabian at the Dublin Arthur's Day celebrations are Roots Manuva, Paolo Nutini, The Magic Numbers, OK Go and White Belt Yellow Tag.
Hosting the event in Dublin will be Cat Deeley and Ronan Keating who will take to the stage in the St. James's Gate Brewery, and will be joined by Colin Murray, Michelle De Swarte and Michelle Doherty who will be presenting live from the four studio venues. The Arthur's Day celebrations will be featured on SKY, ITV2 and DirecTV.
As part of the Arthur's Day celebrations The Guinness & Co has pledged to donate EUR6 million , which will be active from September 2009.
With today marking the celebrations of the 250th anniversary of the Guinness stout brand, just-drinks is in Dublin to speak to Guinness' global brand director, Brian Duffy....
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Diageo's East African Breweries expects to acquire a stake in Tanzania's Serengeti Breweries in 2010....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research