Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
Diageo's Doug Bagley, left, opens the latest Johnnie Walker House
Diageo's Johnnie Walker Houses have reached Europe for the first time, with the company unveiling one of the premium retail outlets in Amsterdam's Schiphol airport.
Seven Johnnie Walker Houses have already been opened in Asia and one in South Africa. The Schiphol house, in Europe's fifth-busiest airport, will sell the same range of premium Johnnie Walker brands including exclusive collections, Diageo said.
"[Schiphol] is estimated to grow faster than any other airport in Europe in the coming years," said Diageo's global Travel Retail MD, Doug Bagley. "This growth, combined with the burgeoning demand for luxury spirits in travel retail, offers a prime opportunity for the Johnnie Walker House Amsterdam Airport Schiphol."
The new site will occupy two stories in Schiphol's Lounge Two. Consumers will be able to buy tasting sessions in the private bar and lounge on the first floor and to purchase exclusive collections including the John Walker & Sons Master Blenders Collection and the Johnnie Walker Epic Dates Collection.
Diageo opened its seventh so-called Asian 'whisky embassy' in Singapore's Changi airport last year. The company describes the outlets, which were first launched in China in 2011, as "part education, part private club, part museum, part retail".
Marketline's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Diageo plc (Diageo) is an alcoholic beverages company that produces, distributes, and sells spirits, beer, and wine products. Its portfolio includes scotch, beer, vodka, Indian made foreign liquor, N...
Diageo Great Britain Ltd is part of Diageo Plc, which is the largest manufacturer and distributor of spirits and a major producer of beer and RTDs, operating in more than 20 markets across the Globe....
The company is continuing to invest in premium and super premium segments with acquisitions of brands like Tequila Don Julio and by better controlling and harmonising its luxury portfolio....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends