GLOBAL: Diageo unveils Alfred Dunhill Johnnie Walker Blue Label collection
Click through to view the Alfred Dunhill travellers trunk
The trunk contains a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label and four engraved crystal glasses and is based on Dunhill's vintage car trunk design, Diageo said today (19 June). The 500 trunks, which also contain a whisky funnel, a pair of ice tongs and a Dunhill flask, will go on sale globally, Diageo said.
The trunks are part of a Dunhill collection that also includes two giftpacks, one available only in Travel Retail. It is not immediately clear how much the collection will cost.
The range is the latest in Johnnie Walker Blue Label partnerships that has included Porsche and other luxury brands.
"We believe that our brands need to focus on two things,” Diageo's global reserve MD James Thompson said. “One is to stay relevant with continual innovation augmenting our heritage; and enhance our credentials with like-minded brand partners.”
In April, new just-drinks research showed that consumers from BRIC countries are boosting the Travel Retail sector.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers