GLOBAL: Diageo unveils Alfred Dunhill Johnnie Walker Blue Label collection
Click through to view the Alfred Dunhill travellers trunk
The trunk contains a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label and four engraved crystal glasses and is based on Dunhill's vintage car trunk design, Diageo said today (19 June). The 500 trunks, which also contain a whisky funnel, a pair of ice tongs and a Dunhill flask, will go on sale globally, Diageo said.
The trunks are part of a Dunhill collection that also includes two giftpacks, one available only in Travel Retail. It is not immediately clear how much the collection will cost.
The range is the latest in Johnnie Walker Blue Label partnerships that has included Porsche and other luxury brands.
"We believe that our brands need to focus on two things,” Diageo's global reserve MD James Thompson said. “One is to stay relevant with continual innovation augmenting our heritage; and enhance our credentials with like-minded brand partners.”
In April, new just-drinks research showed that consumers from BRIC countries are boosting the Travel Retail sector.
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Tequila brand Agave Underground is expanding to Canada after signing a distribution deal with Glazer's. ...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research