GLOBAL: Diageo unveils Alfred Dunhill Johnnie Walker Blue Label collection
Click through to view the Alfred Dunhill travellers trunk
The trunk contains a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label and four engraved crystal glasses and is based on Dunhill's vintage car trunk design, Diageo said today (19 June). The 500 trunks, which also contain a whisky funnel, a pair of ice tongs and a Dunhill flask, will go on sale globally, Diageo said.
The trunks are part of a Dunhill collection that also includes two giftpacks, one available only in Travel Retail. It is not immediately clear how much the collection will cost.
The range is the latest in Johnnie Walker Blue Label partnerships that has included Porsche and other luxury brands.
"We believe that our brands need to focus on two things,” Diageo's global reserve MD James Thompson said. “One is to stay relevant with continual innovation augmenting our heritage; and enhance our credentials with like-minded brand partners.”
In April, new just-drinks research showed that consumers from BRIC countries are boosting the Travel Retail sector.
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets