GLOBAL: Diageo unveils Alfred Dunhill Johnnie Walker Blue Label collection
Click through to view the Alfred Dunhill travellers trunk
The trunk contains a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label and four engraved crystal glasses and is based on Dunhill's vintage car trunk design, Diageo said today (19 June). The 500 trunks, which also contain a whisky funnel, a pair of ice tongs and a Dunhill flask, will go on sale globally, Diageo said.
The trunks are part of a Dunhill collection that also includes two giftpacks, one available only in Travel Retail. It is not immediately clear how much the collection will cost.
The range is the latest in Johnnie Walker Blue Label partnerships that has included Porsche and other luxury brands.
"We believe that our brands need to focus on two things,” Diageo's global reserve MD James Thompson said. “One is to stay relevant with continual innovation augmenting our heritage; and enhance our credentials with like-minded brand partners.”
In April, new just-drinks research showed that consumers from BRIC countries are boosting the Travel Retail sector.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
After a lively year for our industry, Stuart Whitwell from Intangible Business takes a look at what the next 12 months could have in store for the beer and spirits categories....
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research