INDIA: Diageo, United Spirits move for Pioneer Distilleries shares
The two groups will bid for full control of Pioneer Distilleries
In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (11 July), Pioneer said the two groups will look to acquire around 2.47m of its shares at INR64.02 per share. The tender period will start on 28 August and end on 11 September, it said.
The move follows Diageo last week completing on its deal to become the biggest shareholder in United Spirits, upping its stake to 25.02%.
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research