INDIA: Diageo, United Spirits move for Pioneer Distilleries shares
The two groups will bid for full control of Pioneer Distilleries
In a filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (11 July), Pioneer said the two groups will look to acquire around 2.47m of its shares at INR64.02 per share. The tender period will start on 28 August and end on 11 September, it said.
The move follows Diageo last week completing on its deal to become the biggest shareholder in United Spirits, upping its stake to 25.02%.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report