GERMANY: Diageo unit sales up in FY 05/06
The German arm of wine and spirits giant Diageo has posted a slight increase in sales for its fiscal 2005/2006.
Diageo Deutschland said yesterday (12 October) that sales in the 12 months to 30 June rose by 8% on the corresponding period a year earlier, registering EUR101m (US$126.6m). In volume terms, sales were up by 3% to around 33m bottles of product.
The unit credited the lift to rising sales of Baileys (up 3%), Smirnoff vodka (up 15%) and Johnnie Walker (up 7%) in the year. Diageo Deutschland hailed the performance of its premium segment, where Johnnie Walker Black Label recorded a sales increase of 30%, with Johnnie Walker Green Label and Lagavulin single malt leaping by 88% each.
Profit details for the year were not disclosed.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Constellation Brands has posted an increase in full-year earnings as rising wine sales in North America and a first contribution from its Vincor International business offset challenges in the UK. The...
Yet another premium Tequila is set to hit the US after Admiral Imports secured a deal to distribute Voodoo Tiki Tequila....
Diageo plans to extend the coverage of one of its Singleton Scotch whiskies into Europe....
Diageo has lined up an addition to its Singleton line of Scotch whiskies for the US....
CL World Brands have quashed reports in India that the company is in talks over a possible joint venture with local firm John Distillers (JDL)....
Diageo has launched flagship rum brand Captain Morgan in India....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015