GERMANY: Diageo unit sales up in FY 05/06
The German arm of wine and spirits giant Diageo has posted a slight increase in sales for its fiscal 2005/2006.
Diageo Deutschland said yesterday (12 October) that sales in the 12 months to 30 June rose by 8% on the corresponding period a year earlier, registering EUR101m (US$126.6m). In volume terms, sales were up by 3% to around 33m bottles of product.
The unit credited the lift to rising sales of Baileys (up 3%), Smirnoff vodka (up 15%) and Johnnie Walker (up 7%) in the year. Diageo Deutschland hailed the performance of its premium segment, where Johnnie Walker Black Label recorded a sales increase of 30%, with Johnnie Walker Green Label and Lagavulin single malt leaping by 88% each.
Profit details for the year were not disclosed.
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Constellation Brands has posted an increase in full-year earnings as rising wine sales in North America and a first contribution from its Vincor International business offset challenges in the UK. The...
Yet another premium Tequila is set to hit the US after Admiral Imports secured a deal to distribute Voodoo Tiki Tequila....
Diageo plans to extend the coverage of one of its Singleton Scotch whiskies into Europe....
Diageo has lined up an addition to its Singleton line of Scotch whiskies for the US....
CL World Brands have quashed reports in India that the company is in talks over a possible joint venture with local firm John Distillers (JDL)....
Diageo has launched flagship rum brand Captain Morgan in India....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research