EUR: Diageo trials Baileys Gold in duty-free
Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) is trialling a super-premium version of Baileys liqueur in European airport travel-retail stores.
Baileys Gold has the same 17% abv strength as standard Baileys, but contains superior ingredients including deluxe Irish cream and whiskey, Diageo said.
Featuring gold and black packaging, Baileys Gold has a recommended price of EUR29.99 for a one-litre bottle.
Diageo GTME managing director Phil Humphreys said: "With Baileys Gold we are emphasising the luxurious indulgence of the drink for special moments, addressing the opportunity for Baileys Gold as a treat and gifting option, particularly among female shoppers."
The Baileys Gold trial is initially at airport stores across Germany and Scandinavia with duty-free operator Gebr. Heinemann, but will expand to selected Autogrill-run UK airport shops next month.
Destocking and economic turmoil aside, 2009 must surely be the year when Japan's latent drinks giants seized their chance to make themselves heard on the international scene....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Interviews of 2009....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
New consumer research suggests a minimum price on alcohol may do little to curb drinking in the UK, as the industry gears up to face renewed pressure on drinks pricing in 2010....
A fire broke out at St James' Gate brewery in Dublin, home to Diageo's Guinness brand, yesterday (21 December)....
Sales of fine wine at auction house Christie's during 2009 were broadly level with 2008, as Asia helped to maintain demand during the global economic downturn....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research