TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo travel retail head to move on after two years
Jane Ewing will step down as MD of Diageo's travel retail division in May
Diageo has announced a change of MD at its Global Travel and Middle East (GTME) division.
Jane Ewing, who assumed the position in July 2010, is set to be replaced at the beginning of May by Roland Abella, the current MD of India for Diageo. When contacted by just-drinks earlier today (30 March), a spokesperson for Diageo was unable to confirm Ewing's next move. A statement released late yesterday said that the situation “will be the subject of a future announcement”.
Having joined Diageo in 1999 in Lebanon, Abella became general manager for North Africa before moving, in 2002, to head the Levant region (Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Iraq). In 2006, he was appointed regional director for the Middle East and North Africa business, a role he led until 2009.
He will be based in Singapore.
You'll have seen, I'm sure, the wave upon wave of Diageo-related speculation in recent months regarding the company's relationships with both the owners of Jose Cuervo Tequila and India's United Spiri...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research