GLOBAL: Diageo travel retail head to leave
Diageo GTME boss jumps to Coke
The managing director of Diageo Global Travel and Middle East (GTME), Phil Humphreys, is to leave the company for an undisclosed senior role at Coca-Cola SABCO.
Diageo has not confirmed the date of Humphreys' departure, but revealed it will not be before July.
Humphreys has taken a high-profile role within the duty-free industry since taking the Diageo job in July 2008.
He pledged to double the duty-free spirits category to US$12bn by 2015 and called on travel-retailers, suppliers and airport authorities to work more closely on promotions and marketing.
“Phil leaves the business in excellent shape,” said Stuart Fletcher, president of Diageo’s International Region. “I have already started the search for an outstanding leader who can take GTME on to even greater things and will make an announcement as soon as I am able.”
Part two of this month's management briefing on niche spirits considers the potential offered to the segment by the emerging markets of the world....
Wells & Young's will be forced to cut jobs as a result of losing the rights to Corona Extra and Red Stripe lagers in the UK....
Rwanda's Government has reportedly said that it will sell off its remaining stake in the country's Bralirwa brewer, which is majority-owned by Heineken....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends