USA: Diageo Trading Statement
Diageo, the international food and drinks company, today announced the following trading statement ahead of its preliminary statement of results for the year ended June 30, 2000, which is to be issued on September 7, 2000. Commenting on this trading statement, Group Chief Executive John McGrath said: "In the year to June 2000 our Spirits and Wine business has performed strongly. We have achieved a high level of sales growth through volume growth, robust pricing action and mix improvement. This strength continues to be centered around the global priority brands and on our major markets. As anticipated Packaged Food will achieve modest organic growth in the year. Foodservice continued to perform strongly and in Pillsbury North America in the second half, we reduced marketing spend on trade promotions which had delivered volume growth in the first half of the year but not operating profit growth. Our beer business is developing a more efficient cost structure and margins have improved again in the year. In Quick Service Restaurants we have continued to implement a significant restaurant opening program and to drive strong International performance. We have also begun to implement the transformation program which has tested so well during the year. "Trading performance in the second half of the year was in line with our overall expectations at the time of our interim announcement and we are therefore on track to achieve our targets in terms of operating profit in the year just ended."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research