INDIA: Diageo to up Guinness India roll-out
The company, which began a limited roll-out of the beer in Delhi and Bombay earlier this year, has confirmed that a national roll-out can be expected "within the next few months."
Speaking to just-drinks today (18 April) a spokesperson for the company in India, said: "We plan to introduce Guinness in Bangalore within the next ten days. A roll-out across the whole country will begin within the next few months."
The spokesperson said that Guinness is available in both the on- and off-trade in the two cities. "India is primarily a lager beer market, so we have been focussing on locations where people are already familiar with stout, such as high-end restaurants and five-star hotels.
"Guinness has been well accepted in India since its launch in January," the spokesperson said, without giving added details.
Diageo has extended its partnership between its Johnnie Walker brand and Vodafone McLaren Mercedes....
Diageo has been given the green light by councillors to build Scotland's first major distillery in 30 years....
Skyy Spirits has appointed of a new director of public relations and events....
Private equity firm EQT has voiced its desire to buy Vin & Sprit from the Swedish government, according to reports....
The London International Wine and Spirits Fair has lined up Diageo for next year's event....
The Swedish government is keen to progress with its privatisation of state-owned Vin & Sprit, despite the resignation of two key officials in the process earlier this week....
Diageo has been granted approval by Europe's highest court to continue selling its spirits in bottles using UK measurements....
Diageo has lined up a fresh advertising campaign in the US for its Guinness beer brand....
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World