IRELAND: Diageo to sponsor Irish Open with Bushmills
Bushmills is four miles from Royal Portrush Golf Course
Diageo will sponsor this year's Irish Open at Royal Portrush Golf Club through its Bushmills Irish Whiskey brand.
The drink, which shares a base with Royal Portrush, in Antrim, will have exclusive whiskey pouring rights at the tournament, taking place between 28 June and 1 July. The tournament winner will get the 'Freedom of the Old Bushmills Distillery’, which will see them granted the keys to its private reserve, the distillery said.
“This will be an event that will attract hundreds of thousands of people to the region,” said Bushmills' master distiller Colum Egan.
“Everyone who is coming to the North Coast to watch world class golf has just four miles to travel to also experience award-winning Irish whiskey at the Old Bushmills Distillery."
The distillery will also host a whiskey and music festival on 20 and 21 June.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
It was a merger everyone knew was coming. So, when AG Barr and Britvic announced the imminent arrival of Barr Britvic Soft Drinks yesterday (15 November), all that was left for analysts and commentato...
Jagatjit Industries has acquired a number of Scotch whisky brands from George Sinclair & Sons, according to local reports. ...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad