ARG: Diageo to splash cash on boutique wine
Diageo is to spend US$20m on its boutique wine business in Argentina over the next three years in an effort to boost international sales.
The UK drinks giant said today (27 October) that it plans to upgrade its Navarro Correas business and grow sales across Latin America and the US. Diageo said it is looking to build a new winery and buy small parcels of land for planting vineyards.
The Navarro Correas brand is a boutique label, Diageo said, with 75% of sales made domestically. Diageo added that it would look to grow sales of Navarro Correas internationally but would first aim to bolster the brand's presence in Latin America and the US.
Diageo CEO Paul Walsh has often cited the company's ambition to grow its wine business. The company owns brands including Blossom Hill, the best selling wine brand in the UK.
Diageo's last major acquisition in the wine sector was sealed last year when it bought US wine group Chalone.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
Diageo North America has launched a range of flavoured malt beverages in the region...
Diageo is looking to up the presence of its Guinness stout beer in India....
Diageo has secured an "arms-length investment partnership" with a cocktail mixer company in the US....
Diageo is extending its Johnnie Walker whisky portfolio, with a launch into the ultra deluxe segment in Europe and the Americas....
Diageo is hoping to draw a better consumer understanding of where its Smirnoff vodka brand comes from. The company, which unveiled a multi-platform global campaign for the vodka yesterday (9 April), i...
Diageo is preparing a multi-platform global campaign for its Smirnoff vodka brand....
Diageo plans to extend the coverage of one of its Singleton Scotch whiskies into Europe....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends