EUROPE: Diageo to roll out Parrot Bay across Europe
Diageo is planning the roll-out from April
Diageo has announced the roll-out of its RTD cocktail range Parrot Bay across eight European countries.
The brand, launched in the US last July, will be released in the off-trade in the UK, Ireland, Belgium, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands and Portugal in April. It follows a trial in the UK, Belgium and Greece last year, Diageo said yesterday (25 February).
Parrot Bay, packaged in a frozen liquid pouch, comes in three flavours: berry daiquiri, citrus daiquiri and pina colada.
In the UK, the launch will be backed from July by a GBP2.1m (US$3.2m) through-the-line campaign, including TV advertising.
This month, Ian Buxton runs the rule over Diageo's recently-announced spirits start-up support programme....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets