INDIA: Diageo to launch United Spirits offer in January
Diageo's offer will launch next year
JM Financial, which is managing the offer, said that Diageo will look to buy 37.8m shares at an offer price of INR1,440 per share. The cash offer, which closes on 18 January, will total INR54.4bn (US$987m), the filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (20 November) said.
Earlier this month, Diageo and United Spirits announced that they had agreed on the UK-based group taking an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian spirits firm, for INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn). The deal remains subject to regulatory approval, but is expected to complete by March next year.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research