INDIA: Diageo to launch United Spirits offer in January
Diageo's offer will launch next year
JM Financial, which is managing the offer, said that Diageo will look to buy 37.8m shares at an offer price of INR1,440 per share. The cash offer, which closes on 18 January, will total INR54.4bn (US$987m), the filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (20 November) said.
Earlier this month, Diageo and United Spirits announced that they had agreed on the UK-based group taking an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian spirits firm, for INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn). The deal remains subject to regulatory approval, but is expected to complete by March next year.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014