INDIA: Diageo to launch United Spirits offer in January
Diageo's offer will launch next year
JM Financial, which is managing the offer, said that Diageo will look to buy 37.8m shares at an offer price of INR1,440 per share. The cash offer, which closes on 18 January, will total INR54.4bn (US$987m), the filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (20 November) said.
Earlier this month, Diageo and United Spirits announced that they had agreed on the UK-based group taking an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian spirits firm, for INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn). The deal remains subject to regulatory approval, but is expected to complete by March next year.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Remy signs new three-year Russia deal with Roust
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report