INDIA: Diageo to launch United Spirits offer in January
Diageo's offer will launch next year
JM Financial, which is managing the offer, said that Diageo will look to buy 37.8m shares at an offer price of INR1,440 per share. The cash offer, which closes on 18 January, will total INR54.4bn (US$987m), the filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (20 November) said.
Earlier this month, Diageo and United Spirits announced that they had agreed on the UK-based group taking an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian spirits firm, for INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn). The deal remains subject to regulatory approval, but is expected to complete by March next year.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research