INDIA: Diageo to launch United Spirits offer in January
Diageo's offer will launch next year
JM Financial, which is managing the offer, said that Diageo will look to buy 37.8m shares at an offer price of INR1,440 per share. The cash offer, which closes on 18 January, will total INR54.4bn (US$987m), the filing to the Bombay Stock Exchange yesterday (20 November) said.
Earlier this month, Diageo and United Spirits announced that they had agreed on the UK-based group taking an eventual 53.4% stake in the Indian spirits firm, for INR111.7bn (US$2.05bn). The deal remains subject to regulatory approval, but is expected to complete by March next year.
It brought to an end a long period of media speculation over the deal, which had previously collapsed in 2009.
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends