UK: Diageo to launch Pampero rum in UK
Diageo Great Britain will be introducing Pampero Especial, its Venezuelan golden rum brand, in the UK from next month.
The company said today (4 June) that Pampero, an 'anejo' rum, is currently available in several global markets, the biggest being Italy, Venezuela and Chile.
Neil Skinner, innovation manager, Diageo Europe said: "It is a truly exceptional liquid and a complementary addition to the brands we already offer in our premiums and luxury portfolio."
Diageo GB will also be introducing Pampero Aniversario to select outlets.
The company added that there are no current plans for a wider launch.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has confirmed that it is switching importers for its Guinness, Kilkenny and Smirnoff Ice brands in Japan....
Diageo has confirmed reports that it has won a piracy case in China....
An advertising campaign based on the 'Authentic Caribbean Rum' marque has been launched today (26 November) in a bid to raise consumer and trade awareness....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in operating profit for the first half of its fiscal year....
Diageo has rolled out a new blend of its Captain Morgan rum brand across the US....
Cobra Beer has confirmed that it is seeking either a partnership with another firm or a sale....
C&C Group has said it aims to be selling 1m cases of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand by 2012....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push