GLOBAL: Diageo to launch new product via bartender competition
Diageo will launch a new product off the back of the marketing exercise
Diageo is set to launch a new spirit or liqueur as part of a competition for bartenders across Western Europe.
The ‘Show Your Spirit’ initiative will see the winning bartender asked to co-create a new product that will be part of the group’s luxury spirits, or Reserve, portfolio, the company said today (4 March). The winner will get 5% of net sales for the first five years of the product launch, while another 5% of sales will go to a “bartender initiatives fund”, Diageo said.
“By collaborating with bartenders we believe we can discover new opportunities and create a brand that could be the next big success story,” said Andy Fennell, Diageo Chief Marketing Officer.
Entries for the competition are now open and the winning product will be unveiled at the World Class Global Final in July.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Belvedere unveils executive team