GLOBAL: Diageo to launch new product via bartender competition
Diageo will launch a new product off the back of the marketing exercise
Diageo is set to launch a new spirit or liqueur as part of a competition for bartenders across Western Europe.
The ‘Show Your Spirit’ initiative will see the winning bartender asked to co-create a new product that will be part of the group’s luxury spirits, or Reserve, portfolio, the company said today (4 March). The winner will get 5% of net sales for the first five years of the product launch, while another 5% of sales will go to a “bartender initiatives fund”, Diageo said.
“By collaborating with bartenders we believe we can discover new opportunities and create a brand that could be the next big success story,” said Andy Fennell, Diageo Chief Marketing Officer.
Entries for the competition are now open and the winning product will be unveiled at the World Class Global Final in July.
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015