GLOBAL: Diageo to launch new product via bartender competition
Diageo will launch a new product off the back of the marketing exercise
Diageo is set to launch a new spirit or liqueur as part of a competition for bartenders across Western Europe.
The ‘Show Your Spirit’ initiative will see the winning bartender asked to co-create a new product that will be part of the group’s luxury spirits, or Reserve, portfolio, the company said today (4 March). The winner will get 5% of net sales for the first five years of the product launch, while another 5% of sales will go to a “bartender initiatives fund”, Diageo said.
“By collaborating with bartenders we believe we can discover new opportunities and create a brand that could be the next big success story,” said Andy Fennell, Diageo Chief Marketing Officer.
Entries for the competition are now open and the winning product will be unveiled at the World Class Global Final in July.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review