GLOBAL: Diageo to launch new product via bartender competition
Diageo will launch a new product off the back of the marketing exercise
Diageo is set to launch a new spirit or liqueur as part of a competition for bartenders across Western Europe.
The ‘Show Your Spirit’ initiative will see the winning bartender asked to co-create a new product that will be part of the group’s luxury spirits, or Reserve, portfolio, the company said today (4 March). The winner will get 5% of net sales for the first five years of the product launch, while another 5% of sales will go to a “bartender initiatives fund”, Diageo said.
“By collaborating with bartenders we believe we can discover new opportunities and create a brand that could be the next big success story,” said Andy Fennell, Diageo Chief Marketing Officer.
Entries for the competition are now open and the winning product will be unveiled at the World Class Global Final in July.
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future