SINGAPORE: Diageo to launch F1 drink-drive campaign
The Join the Pact campaign, which will be led by Vodafone McLaren Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton and two-time Formula One world champion Mika Häkkinen, is to be unveiled in Singapore on 30 March 2008. The campaign will be launched initially in Singapore but will then be rolled out across Asia Pacific.
Häkkinen, who is the Johnnie Walker Global Responsible Drinking Ambassador, will be driving a McLaren Mercedes racing-car through the streets of Singapore to kick off the campaign.
Diageo said the launch event, to be held from 4pm - 6pm on 30 March at the Padang, will be Singaporeans' first opportunity to experience a world-class Formula One demonstration given by "a racing legend".
The event will form part of the build-up to the 2008 Formula One SingTel Singapore Grand Prix to be held on 28 September 2008. Members of the public can "join the pact" by signing up at the www.jointhepact.com website. According to Diageo, those who join stand a chance of meeting Hamilton in Singapore this September.
"Our partnership with Vodafone McLaren Mercedes provides us with a powerful platform to communicate the Never Drink and Drive message," said Ajay Asrani, brand director of Johnnie Walker in Asia Pacific. "In the last three years of our partnership, we have had much success in driving home this message to consumers around the world and we are very excited to be launching this year's regional campaign, Join the Pact, in Singapore."
Diageo appears to be making light of the economic downturn, turning in highly respectable year-end figures late last month, but some brands performed better than others. In the second part of this spe...
It's been a tough week for global distributor Maxxium, whose future now hangs in the balance following deals to secure the departures of Pernod Ricard and Rémy Cointreau last week....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo has stopped short of denying reports out of India today (11 September), claiming the drinks giant is in talks with the head of India's UB Group to acquire a strategic stake in UB's United Spiri...
Diageo Ireland has entered into agreements to acquire a 73-acre greenfield site in Leixlip, Co. Kildare, with the intention to build a brewery....
Diageo has lined up its Johnnie Walker Blue Label extension for the European market....
Diageo has filed a lawsuit against the UK-based Vodkat spirits brand, accusing it of breaking EU rules....
Diageo Australia has unveiled multi-million dollar marketing plans for key spirits brands, inlcuding Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker, over the Christmas period....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends