TRAVEL RETAIL: Diageo to launch city-themed Smirnoff bottles
Click through to view three of the four Smirnoff city bottles
The company confirmed earlier today (4 October) that it will roll out the New York, London, Rio De Janeiro and Australia-themed bottles in around 40 markets, including South Korea, Denmark and Mexico, and duty free shops worldwide this month. The Australia bottle, however, will only be available in its home country.
“We searched the globe for the most exciting locations known for their nightlife and chose four that stood out for having unique, unforgettable and vibrant nightlife, said Simon Burch, Diageo's global brand director for Smirnoff. “The limited edition bottles represent these locations in design.”
Smirnoff is the subject of Diageo's 'Nightlife Exchange Project' campaign, in which 14 countries around the world swap nightlife on the same night.
In these modern times, as the world gets smaller, Diageo would appear to be embracing the softly-softly approach of the post-colonial age....
I shifted my money off Bacardi's square today. For what it's worth, I don't think the firm is in the Beam Inc picture anymore....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer