UK: Diageo to invest GBP34m in Guinness over next 12 months - Video
The 20-second “Surge” spot, which can be viewed above, will also feature in cinema, digital and mobile advertising, Diageo said today (2 September). It is part of Diageo's GBP12.7m “permanent investment into quality” campaign that includes a “quality accreditation” programme running from this month to June next year.
“Guinness is growing at 4%, ahead of the total beer category, highlighting the consumer demand for premium beer,” said Nicola Samons, marketing manager for Guinness Western Europe. “Guinness will continue to drive value into this category and increase the visibility of premium beer in the on trade with this full through-the-line quality programme.”
The quality accreditation programme will see Guinness representations visit 18,000 UK on-trade outlets, where they will teach bar staff pouring skills, Diageo said.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....
Terlato Wines is taking over US distribution of Burgundy producer Domaine Ramonet's portfolio from Diageo's Chateau & Estate unit. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015