UK: Diageo to invest GBP34m in Guinness over next 12 months - Video
The 20-second “Surge” spot, which can be viewed above, will also feature in cinema, digital and mobile advertising, Diageo said today (2 September). It is part of Diageo's GBP12.7m “permanent investment into quality” campaign that includes a “quality accreditation” programme running from this month to June next year.
“Guinness is growing at 4%, ahead of the total beer category, highlighting the consumer demand for premium beer,” said Nicola Samons, marketing manager for Guinness Western Europe. “Guinness will continue to drive value into this category and increase the visibility of premium beer in the on trade with this full through-the-line quality programme.”
The quality accreditation programme will see Guinness representations visit 18,000 UK on-trade outlets, where they will teach bar staff pouring skills, Diageo said.
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
Terlato Wines is taking over US distribution of Burgundy producer Domaine Ramonet's portfolio from Diageo's Chateau & Estate unit. ...
Diageo has been reprimanded by the UK's advertising authorities after a TV ad for its rum brand Captain Morgan fell foul of the rules on marketing alcohol. ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends