UK: Diageo to invest GBP34m in Guinness over next 12 months - Video
The 20-second “Surge” spot, which can be viewed above, will also feature in cinema, digital and mobile advertising, Diageo said today (2 September). It is part of Diageo's GBP12.7m “permanent investment into quality” campaign that includes a “quality accreditation” programme running from this month to June next year.
“Guinness is growing at 4%, ahead of the total beer category, highlighting the consumer demand for premium beer,” said Nicola Samons, marketing manager for Guinness Western Europe. “Guinness will continue to drive value into this category and increase the visibility of premium beer in the on trade with this full through-the-line quality programme.”
The quality accreditation programme will see Guinness representations visit 18,000 UK on-trade outlets, where they will teach bar staff pouring skills, Diageo said.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Following a flurry of activity in the Tequila sector last month, has Diageo finally returned to the point it had previously reached when it handled Jose Cuervo? Richard Woodard compares then to now....
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the role of wine in the company’s wide-ranging alcoholic drinks operations, considering op...
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018