UK: Diageo to give Guinness interactive push
The drinks giant is launching Hands, a GBP2.5m (US$4.9m) campaign for the iconic stout, which includes an online presence as well as the more traditional TV and print executions.
Diageo has set up a dedicated website - www.guinnesshands.com - where visitors can direct and customise their own version of the Hands commercial.
The site uses the same theme as the TV ad, which plays on the long-ruuning Guinness strap-line of "Good things come to those who wait" by using drumming fingers and twiddling thumbs before a revealing a pint of the black stuff.
"Guinness has the highest advertising recall of all beer brands, and Hands will continue to build the reputation the brand has for iconic and original advertising," said Russell Jones, Guinness marketing director for Diageo Great Britain.
Earlier this week, Diageo began the roll out of Guinness Red to over 140 UK pubs.
Smirnoff and Johnnie Walker may make Diageo more money, but there is no more iconic brand in its portfolio than Guinness. Nevertheless, speculation continues that Diageo may sell off its main beer bra...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Established as the dominant force in its domestic wines and spirits market and as an exporter to other African countries, South African group Distell is now aiming to raise its profile in global marke...
The chairman of Diageo has announced his retirement....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new bottle for Morgan's Spiced Rum in the UK....
Diageo has appointed a new chief financial officer for its North American unit....
The Diageo-owned brewer Guinness has been the victim of an adulteration scam in Nigeria....
The former executive director of Diageo Scotland has been appointed chairman of Scotland Food & Drink....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research