GLOBAL: Diageo to embark on global push for J&B
Diageo is to launch a GBP10m (US$19.2m) global ad push behind Scotch whisky brand J&B.
The UK drinks giant said today (13 March) that the campaign will be launched in over 20 markets over the next 12 months. Diageo is looking to position J&B as a "party whisky brand" and at the centre of the campaign will be "the ultimate party symbol", the mirror ball, the company said.
J&B global brand director Nik Keane said: "We are going big with the mirror ball - literally - and are going to have some real fun with this icon. For us, starting a party is all about attitude - optimism, sociability, enjoying life and having fun and we are using the mirror ball to convey this."
The ads will be live in the next few weeks, Diageo said, while the full through-the-line campaign will roll out over the next couple of months.
A recent report in the Indian business press suggested that local spirits force United Spirits, part of the UB Group, had abandoned plans to develop RTDs for the Indian market. However, other companie...
Diageo has teamed its Gordon's gin brand with the celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay in an effort to reinvigorate the brand and the category....
The managing director of Namibia Breweries has resigned....
Diageo has detailed plans to invest in its leading brands, including Smirnoff, Baileys, Bell's, Bushmills and Guinness, in the build-up to Christmas in the UK....
The Boston Beer Co. has purchased a plot of land in Freetown, Massachusetts, according to reports....
Diageo has described its performance in its home market as a strategic, rather than one of vanity and outlined concerns for rising commodity input cost pressures....
Diageo has posted a lift in operating profit, despite only a minor rise in sales for its latest fiscal year....
Diageo will begin rolling out its new Guinness Red brand in central England from September, following successful trials in the country....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends